After almost 1 year of Early Access and 7 years of development, Seeds of Resilience is out now. It's a 2D turn based survival management game where you have to make a new village from scratch.
A Story Made In Brittany
The game has a special story, it was born in a time where the environment was still a forgotten issue, 7 years ago. It was the kind of time where growth was the only thing people were interested in.
The team is made of Antonin Deudon & Alexandre. During the development of the game, they were also involved in environmental activities. They made survivalist trips together, where they learned to live in harmony with nature.
The graphic artist, Alexandre, has a main business which is making durable, wooden insulative material for the construction industry. He invented and built a whole machine by himself to make those materials.
Antonin, on his side, has started to make an eco-village. It's a village made of around 20 people who is fully built on having a resilient, plastic-free, auto-sufficient way of living. His family of 4 will be moving here in the upcoming months, it even has an internet connection!
Nowadays, many game developers are concerned with the environment and wondering : are video games worth it for the planet? I hope we can see that like Antonin and Alexandre, it doesn't have to be exclusive with other pro-nature activities people are making on the side.
A game inspired by real-life building skillset
In Seeds of Resilience, your villagers will build life-like structures that can, or cannot, stand the test of time. Those buildings are inspired by real life medieval techniques.
Another example inspired by nature: if you're overfishing around the island, there will be no more fishes. No fishes, no reproduction! The player has to be aware of the environment or they will starve. Same thing for agriculture, it has to be made in a reasonable way. If you always gather the fruits but never leave time for things to grow, it won't be good in the long term.
Seeds of Resilience is now out with a 20% discount and a 1.0 Release.
Latest News Posts
- The Witcher TV show will NEVER adapt the video games
- 'Holy Grail' of computer science found in Quantum Computing
- Netflix's Witcher TV show gets 1st trailer, Geralt is HUGE
- NVIDIA celebrates 50th anniversy of Moon landing with RTX
- Endgame Gear's new XM1: the world's fastest gaming mouse
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Nowhere Prophet out now on Steam
- Soul Searching is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019!
- Batter Up! Metalhead Software to Launch Super Mega Baseball 2: Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch July 25
- Represent Your Identity and New Ideas with .id Domain Name
- Asmodee Digital Reveals Pandemic's Announcement Trailer, Launch Date and Price