Sequel to space strategy cult classic debuts later this month
October 4th, 2018- Arcen Games is excited to announceAI War 2will release in Early Access on Steam October 18th for Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms!
AI War 2is a grand strategy/RTS hybrid against an overwhelming, inhuman enemy who has conquered the galaxy. The enemy has made only a single error: underestimating you. You must steal as much technology as you can, take enough territory to fortify your bases and launch your attacks. But every conquest you make turns the attention of the AI ever more in your direction... so choose your targets with care.
AI War 2is the epic sequel to 2009's space strategy hit, AI War: Fleet Command - critically acclaimed for its dastardly AI and totaling nearly 2 million units sold, with more than 650,000 base game sales and 1.15m expansion purchases made to date.
What's New and What Are We Working On?
We still have a lot we want to add, and even more we want to polish, but the current version ofAI War 2is already vast:
- Many optional factions, each with their own goals and strategy, creating a living galaxy.
- Polished gameplay mechanics, representing everything learned from the original AI War: Fleet Command's six expansions.
- Redesigned UI, currently going through iterations.
- Over 1700 lines of spoken dialogue from more than 25 actors, and more to come for the AI itself.
- 1.5 hours of new music added to the 4.5 hour score included from the original AI War: Fleet Command.
- A ton of map types, with a lot of sub-options to make them even more varied.
- Crazy moddability, with many levers available in easily-accessible XML.
- Multiplayer is temporarily disabled, but still being implemented.
- Multithreading for modern performance, and a codebase that will not summon an elder god.
- AI War 2will retail for $19.99 in Early Access, with a discount planned for launch week.
To find out more, visit: https://arcengames.com/aiwar2/
AI War 2 Early Access Launch Trailer: