CHERRY, the specialist for computer input devices, has unveiled the MX Board Silent at CES 2017. This new keyboard is based on the G80-3000, which has proven itself over the years to be precise as well as reliable. CHERRY combines this product with its new MX Silent switches to create a product that will keep keyboard noise in a hectic office space to an absolute minimum.
The G80-3000 has been one of the most popular mechanical keyboards on the market for decades, having become a true classic. Thanks to a purist feature set, a timeless design and its outstanding precision, the G80-3000 remains a bestseller. To continue its success, CHERRY updated this proven keyboard with the latest MX Silent technology.
The result is a straightforward, high-end keyboard, which is ideally suited for even volume-sensitive environments such as large rooms or community offices, enabling silent keystrokes with CHERRYs patented noise reduction technology without giving up on its uncompromising writing performance. Also implemented is "N-Key Rollover" functionality, which allows up to 14 keys to be pressed simultaneously without "ghost" keypress effect.
MX Silent for minimal keyboard noise
The MX Silent-switches have a uniquely shaped rubber pad compared to conventional switches. The integrated 2-component stem reduces audible clicks at the bottom-out and top-out to a minimum. Instead of relying on third-party products, CHERRY relies on a self-developed, innovative solution that preserves the special properties of each individual switch. As with every other MX switch, these features include a sturdy housing made of plastic polymer, a precise spiral spring, and the unique Gold Crosspoint contact technology. This exclusive production process guarantees a precise release and a service life of over 50 million keystrokes.
MX Board Silent available in MX Red or MX Black
The MX Board Silent is offered in two versions, so the consumer can choose between two variants of the noise-reduced MX Silent switches. Both exhibit linear switching characteristics but differ in the required release force: 45 centinewtons for the MX Red Silent and for those who prefer a slightly higher resistance, 60 centinewtons for the MX Black Silent. Like all MX switches, the bounce is less than a millisecond, allowing for precise and instantaneous input.
The MX Board Silent is only available in international EU layout and colours grey and black for an MSRP of $149.
Latest News Posts
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- Serexin: https://www.ketotoneworld.com/serexin-reviews/
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases