CHERRY, the specialist for computer input devices, has unveiled the MX Board Silent at CES 2017. This new keyboard is based on the G80-3000, which has proven itself over the years to be precise as well as reliable. CHERRY combines this product with its new MX Silent switches to create a product that will keep keyboard noise in a hectic office space to an absolute minimum.
The G80-3000 has been one of the most popular mechanical keyboards on the market for decades, having become a true classic. Thanks to a purist feature set, a timeless design and its outstanding precision, the G80-3000 remains a bestseller. To continue its success, CHERRY updated this proven keyboard with the latest MX Silent technology.
The result is a straightforward, high-end keyboard, which is ideally suited for even volume-sensitive environments such as large rooms or community offices, enabling silent keystrokes with CHERRYs patented noise reduction technology without giving up on its uncompromising writing performance. Also implemented is "N-Key Rollover" functionality, which allows up to 14 keys to be pressed simultaneously without "ghost" keypress effect.
MX Silent for minimal keyboard noise
The MX Silent-switches have a uniquely shaped rubber pad compared to conventional switches. The integrated 2-component stem reduces audible clicks at the bottom-out and top-out to a minimum. Instead of relying on third-party products, CHERRY relies on a self-developed, innovative solution that preserves the special properties of each individual switch. As with every other MX switch, these features include a sturdy housing made of plastic polymer, a precise spiral spring, and the unique Gold Crosspoint contact technology. This exclusive production process guarantees a precise release and a service life of over 50 million keystrokes.
MX Board Silent available in MX Red or MX Black
The MX Board Silent is offered in two versions, so the consumer can choose between two variants of the noise-reduced MX Silent switches. Both exhibit linear switching characteristics but differ in the required release force: 45 centinewtons for the MX Red Silent and for those who prefer a slightly higher resistance, 60 centinewtons for the MX Black Silent. Like all MX switches, the bounce is less than a millisecond, allowing for precise and instantaneous input.
The MX Board Silent is only available in international EU layout and colours grey and black for an MSRP of $149.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit