Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced that it has begun mass production of advanced logic chips utilizing its 14 nm LPP (Low-Power Plus) process, the 2nd generation of the company's 14 nm FinFET process technology.
In leading mass production of advanced FinFET logic process, Samsung announced in Q1 of 2015 the launch of the Exynos 7 Octa processor built on the industry's first 14 nm LPE (Low-Power Early) process. With the new 14 nm LPP process, Samsung continues to demonstrate its process technology leadership, and unparalleled performance and power efficiency for its Exynos 8 Octa processor and its many foundry customers including Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor uses Samsung's new 14 nm LPP process and is expected to be in devices in the first half of this year.
"We are pleased to start production of our industry-leading, 2nd generation 14 nm FinFET process technology that delivers the highest level of performance and power efficiency," said Charlie Bae, Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing, System LSI Business, Samsung Electronics. "Samsung will continue to offer derivative processes of its advanced 14 nm FinFET technology to maintain our technology leadership."
Incorporating three-dimensional (3D) FinFET structure on transistors enables significant performance boost and low power consumption. Samsung's new 14 nm LPP process delivers up to 15 percent higher speed and 15 percent less power consumption over the previous 14 nm LPE process through improvements in transistor structure and process optimization. In addition, use of fully-depleted FinFET transistors brings enhanced manufacturing capabilities to overcome scaling limitations.
With its superb characteristics, 14 nm FinFET process is considered to be one of the most optimized solutions for mobile and IoT applications and is expected to meet growing market demand for a wide range of high performance and power efficient applications from network to automotive.
Latest News Posts
- Disney Pixar release short film 'Bao' - A Mother & Son story
- Warframe: Fortuna the Profit-Taker debuts to PC, out now
- Steam Winter Sale starts Dec 20th, Award Nominees released
- Switch beats Xbox One/PS4 sales from: March 2017-Nov 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 3 million units sold in 11 days
- I have a serious problem with audio on my new x470 taichi motherboard
- supplement4reviews com/keto-burn-xtreme-reviews/
- AdMaster: 79% of China advertisers to increase digital marketing spend in 2019
- Safety Laser Scanner Market Worth $406 Million by 2023 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets
- Archer Ascension Now Available in Black Desert Online SEA
- Back to Ubersreik DLC is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- Ark: Survival Evolved Transformed Into A Winter Wonderland With The Arrival Of Raptor Claus