Gears 5 was meant to be a hugely improved release on the Xbox Series X, but thanks to some new screenshots from the Xbox Series X version of the game, it seems not.
There were 4 photos shared on Twitter here, so I grabbed them and have some side-by-side comparisons (compared to the Xbox One X on top, and Xbox Series X on bottom). It makes it easier to look at Gears 5 in a side-by-side comparison between the two flagship Xbox consoles. Check them out below.
This is what we were told to expect from the Xbox Series X version of Gears 5:
- Higher resolution textures
- Improved anisotropic filtering
- Higher-resolution volume fog
- Higher quality depth of field
- Extremely far draw distances with high level of object detail
- Shadow resolution and shadow distance
- High-quality screen-space reflections
- Post processing improvements like bloom, lens flare, light shafts, etc
And now, side-by-side screenshots of Gears 5 on the Xbox One X and Xbox Series X:
- > NEXT STORY: BioShock director's new game is now in 'later stages of production'
- < PREVIOUS STORY: DOOM Eternal running on a fridge... Hell has never been so cool