Just as I finished watching HBO's hit show Chernobyl, which was fan-effing-fantastic by the way, we're finding out some new info on STALKER 2 finally, with developer GSC GameWorld talking details about the game during an interview with YouTuber 'Antiscnaps'.
In the video GSC GameWorld says that they will not include a battle royale mode, which I think is a good idea, and that the team is using the latest and greatest technology to build the game so that it looks "really modern". The original STALKER was one of the most-hyped games of its generation and was considered like Crysis when it came to pushing the graphical envelope on the PC.
STALKER 2 takes in the steps of its predecessor and its trilogy of games in Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat. The developer hasn't confirmed whether STALKER 2 will support ray tracing in any form, but if the original is anything to go by not including ray tracing would be a mistake.
Last updated: Jun 17, 2019 at 06:11 am CDT
- Xbox Series X: next-gen sound via dedicated chip and ray-traced audio
- STALKER 2 is powered Unreal Engine, so it's better for modders
- AMD Navi GPUs rumored to get ray tracing support in December
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- Gears 5 likely to get ray tracing support on Xbox Series X
- > NEXT STORY: ASUS TUF X570 Plus and Pro X570-ACE boards spotted
- < PREVIOUS STORY: A new NVIDIA Shield TV teased, is this the SUPER Shield TV?