To celebrate the anniversary of Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, Microsoft are debuting a brand new update to the Definitive Edition and have also teased future announcements.
Microsoft has taken to their official Age of Empires website to announce a brand new massive update for the Definitive Edition. The update will add some brand new features such as; Automatic farm reseeding, mixed unit queues, mixed tech queues, resolution option for full screen mode and fallen units now decay over time.
There was also updates to unit behavior in the way of navigation for unit pathing, improvements to targeting behavior and much more. Microsoft also have done some work to the AI features of the game with units now picking their targets better, ability to hunt elephants and just general improvements all round. Most interestingly though, Microsoft teases that there will be some "very exciting announcements!" on the Inside Xbox livestream in March. Check that out here.
"Age of Empires will have a segment on Inside Xbox in March! Make sure to tune in here when we go live, because we're going to have some very exciting announcements!"
The patch will be rolled out sometime soon, but for players' curiosity the full patch notes are provided below.
- Automatic Farm Reseed - New Option in the Granary
- Mixed unit Queues - Players can now train different units at the same time from buildings
- Mixed tech Queues - Players can now queue units and techs at the same time from buildings
- Added resolution options to full screen mode
- Fallen units now decay over time
- Units navigate better when going through narrow paths
- Improved intercept targeting behavior
- Ship acceleration removed to improve tasked response times
- Builders no longer fail to build wall pieces under certain circumstances
- AI should no longer get stuck in the Stone Age under certain circumstances
- AI can now hunt Elephants
- AI Scouts are less prone to killing themselves to hazards
- AI units pick their targets better
- General AI build orders/strategies have been updated to be more efficient
- Fixed various crashes at game end
- Destroyed buildings disappear much faster
- >> NEXT STORY: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Samsung Galaxy Fold: foldable smartphone starts at $1980