DOOM's new update has been released, with id Software's new Update #2 for DOOM including a slew of fixes and optimizations for the single-player side of the game, while it adds two new multiplayer modes, improves matchmaking and multiple SnapMap improvements.
As for the list, here's the DOOM - Update #2 Changelog:
Fixes and Optimizations
- Fixed an issue where performance gradually decreased in the Polar Core level
- Fixed an issue where the Gauss Cannon's charged mod alt-fire did less damage than the base fire damage
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to unlock the Argent Overload achievement/trophy if they began their progress after the release of Update 1
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to unlock the Tinkering trophy if they began their progress after the release of Update 1 (PS4)
- Fixed an issue where some users were not able to progress weapon and rune masteries after the release of Update 1.
- The "What Else Ya Got" achievement/trophy no longer is blocked for those who have not completed the "Double take" challenge.
- Fixed an issue which prevented users from using Combat Shotgun mods when out of shells, with "Rich Get Richer" enabled.
- Multiplayer damage indicators have been removed from the single player mode.
- Fixed an issue where users experienced a crash to desktop while using current NVIDIA drivers. (PC)
- Fixed an issue which prevented users from assigning menu-specific actions to the Steam controller. (PC)
- Added two new multiplayer game modes
- Sector - Capture and Hold
- Exodus - Capture the Flag
Improvements to Matchmaking
- Fixed several cases of party invites not working after the host leaves.
- Improved host migration success rate.
- Fixed issues with network connectivity loss resulting in being unable to join future matches when connectivity was restored.
- Improved handling of party peers in the game lobby.
- Fixed several third-person weapon issues (animation shaking, customization not appearing).
- Fixed an issue with the magnetism hack module where power-items would not return to their original position if the player died while in transition.
- Fixed an issue where taunting many times in a row could cause the player's third-person animation to be stuck in one pose.
- Fixed cases of loading screen tooltips not showing up correctly.
- Fixed issue with Clan Arena and Freeze Tag showing the incorrect amount of player icons on the HUD (top-left player indicators).
- Fixed issue with level up rewards, including level up rewards not being awarded properly).
- Fixed presentation issue in the Intro sequence (disabling weapon GUI being displayed early).
- First person hands customization fixes (fixed some cases where first person hands customization meshes weren't being shown correctly).
- Fixed duplicate selection boxes in the Challenges screen.
- Fixed issue where the previously played map could be loaded into the playlist again.
- Fixed issue with PS+ offer being shown at an inappropriate time (PS4).
Community HUB Improvements
- Added Find Open Match, a public match browser displaying all available public lobbies
- Added a Recently Played Maps list
- Added ability to Subscribe to maps and browse them from the new Subscribed Maps list
- Improved the Map Browser with additional sorting options
- Added new unlockable images for customizing published maps (11 new backgrounds, 10 new mode icons, 20 new miscellaneous images)
- Added icons on the Map Browser to identify Cloud/Local maps
Editor Functionality Improvements
- Added God Mode and Infinite Ammo as testing settings for map authors
- Added Movement Speed settings in the editor
- Added a customizable Weapon Wheel that allows the player to hold any number of weapons
- Added 30 new Hell themed Modules including indoor and outdoor environments
- Increased the number of weapons available by adding the Pistol, the Chainsaw and the Static
- Added Skull Keys, and Hell Barrel
- Added The Unwilling to the available AI
- Added the Mancubus as a selectable Player Demon
- Added new Interactables including the Gore Nest, Hell Tablet, and Tripod Panel, a customizable touchscreen panel
- Added weapon-specific ammo to Pickups and AI drop tables
- Added all new Hell Props including a giant demon skull, altars, cauldrons and more
- Added construction props such stone blocks, rocks, columns, and arches for customizing
- Added Launch Pads with logic to control distance, speed, direction, and destination
- Added new FX to accompany the Launch Pads
- Added new Demonic and Origin Hell Voice Speakers
- Updated Speakers to include new instrument sounds
- Added a Switch object which triggers only one output based on a specified index
- Added a Custom Event object which triggers all instances of an event when any instance of it is signaled
- Added three new Filters including Equipment, Weapon, and Cached Entity Filters
Improvements to Logic and Object Functionality
- Weapons now have a property that allows players to pick up weapons when touched
- AI have two new properties to Set Stagger Percentage, and Enable/Disable Stagger
- Players now have the On Health Percentage Reached output
- New style properties have been added to Light objects to create light FX such as blinking, strobe, rotating, and more
- Props and Player Blocking Volumes now have a Static property that will return their
- Network budget value, but will disable all inputs (show, hide, etc) during a match
- Updated the Inventory entity to manage multiple weapons
- Updated Player Loadout object to include Demon Player race selection
- The AI Conductor behavior can now be altered when entering a module
- AI spawning can be inhibited in a module through logic
- Module Environments can be changed during a match with logic
- Friendly AI health bars and POIs can be hidden or shown
- Hazard damage can be set to a Variable
- Color properties are now shown in a color swatch
- A large health bar is now available as an Objective
- Use Alternative AI Drop Table that simulates Campaign drops from demon kills
- Fixed the Spend input to result in a Spend Failure if it causes a Player/Team Resource to fall below zero
- Fixed Player Demon hand jittering
- Fixed the Network cost of Lights. This may result in previous maps having a maxed network budget. Map authors may need to remove other networked objects or use the Static property on Props or Player Blocking Volumes that aren't altered using logic.
- > NEXT STORY: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided install size revealed
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Pokemon GO reaches 100 million downloads, makes $10 million per day