Western Digital has just announced that it has expanded its internal and external storage solutions, now offering huge 16TB external storage solutions for professionals on-the-go, or those who need serious amounts of backup at home or work.
WD will be launching a slew of new HDDs throughout the first half of 2016, which will include their My Cloud personal storage devices, My Book external HDDs, as well as the internal WD Red, WD Red Pro and WD Purple HDDs. All of these drives will offer "purpose-driven engineering and HelioSeal helium-technology with the new 8TB drives for maximum and efficient performance in the applications for which each model is designed". VP of Product Marketing for WD, Brendan Collins, explains: "We are committed to integrating high-performance, high-capacity and high-quality drives into all of our solutions. No matter what market or application, we have a solution - whether it's for small businesses, channel partners, enterprises or end-users. Our goal is to deliver the best and most competitive solutions on the market".
As for the HDDs that will be bumped up to 8TB or 16TB (with 2 x 8TB HDDs in RAID 0), it'll include:
External Hard Drives
- My Book/My Book for Mac - An external hard drive solution that provides complete backup and storage with USB connectivity.
- My Book Duo/My Book Pro - Dual-drive external hard drive solutions which provide ultra-fast storage in RAID-0 and complete backup and storage with USB and/or Thunderbolt connectivity and up to 16TB capacity.
- My Cloud/My Cloud Mirror - A personal storage device that plugs into your router at home to provide consumers with their very own private cloud.
- My Cloud EX2 Ultra - As part of the creative professional series of My Cloud products, the My Cloud EX2 Ultra provides high-performance two-bay network attached storage.
Internal Hard Drives
- WD Purple - Engineered for 24/7, always-on, high-definition surveillance security systems that use up to eight hard drives and up to 32 cameras
- WD Red - Optimised for personal, home and small business NAS (network attached storage) systems
- WD Red Pro - Optimised for small business and enterprise class NAS systems with high performance and reliability.
- > NEXT STORY: New Star Wars games to be teased 'over the next six months'
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Mass Effect: Andromeda delayed to early 2017