Now that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is out, some gamers are noticing that there's a 60FPS frame rate cap. While 60FPS is still a great achievement, especially in the age of 'next-gen' consoles, there are a plethora of 120Hz and 144Hz monitors that gamers want to see fully utilized.
Thanks to the users of the NeoGAF forums, with user 'Alo81', who has provided a guide on how to unlock the framerate on MGS V: The Phantom Pain. First you'll need this file, then to follow these instructions:
- Navigate to your "SteamsteamappscommonMGS_TPPmaster" fodler
- Extract this archive in there, so you should see two new subfolders: "Assets" and "QAR Tool"
- Backup the file named chunk0.dat as it will be overriden
- Open the "QAR Tool" folder in a new window (by the way, QAR Tool is from http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12407&start=285)
- Drag and Drop "chunk0.dat" over "MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe" to extract the contents from chunk0.dat.
- Now you should have a new subfolder named "chunk0" as well as a new file "chunk0.inf"
- Drag and drop the "Assets" folder from step 2 inside the new "chunk0" folder. It should ask you to merge folders and override one file, namely "plparts_mgs1.fpk". Hit "yes" to everything
- Last step: Drag and drop "chunk0.inf" (INF, not .dat) over "MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe" to repack the contents. This will recreate a new chunk0.dat and should take around 1 minute]
Last updated: Jun 16, 2020 at 04:29 pm CDT
- > NEXT STORY: Biggest 2015 box office failures revealed
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Acer teases new 4K monitor with 75Hz refresh rate and NVIDIA's G-Sync