The Nintendo Wii U game console has been available for two years, but with the upcoming launch of Super Smash Bros., Nintendo hopes to see a higher sales boost. Since launching Mario Kart 8 in May, there have been more than 1.1 million Wii U consoles sold - and as consumers have extra cash to spend ahead of Christmas, Nintendo wants shoppers to spend.
Nintendo has taken a few different public shots against Microsoft and Sony in recent weeks, trying to remind shoppers the company has products for them to consider. Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime shrugged off the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 game consoles, saying the two platforms have too much overlapping shared content.
He also said the Wii U provides a better value than both consoles, despite recent price cuts that have made the console gaming market extremely competitive.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 05:42 am CDT
- Switch Pro with 4K gaming coming in 2020 at $399, analyst predicts
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- If you break your Switch during quarantine, Nintendo won't repair it
- New Switch Pro isn't coming in 2020, Nintendo says
- The Game Award nominees are officially revealed, who will win GOTY?
- > NEXT STORY: Elon Musk says the pace of progress is 'close to exponential' for AI
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Game of Thrones game from Telltale receives its debut trailer