It comes as no surprise that there's very little performance improvements when it comes to looking at the FPS. In saying that, there's a bit of movement for the HD 5850 in some areas and slightly more for the HD 5870. The main reason we didn't expect a whole lot from the driver was because the Catalyst team has probably no doubt been working hard on creating a stable driver for the HD 5970.
If you're a HD 5770 user we would recommend that you move off the beta and onto the official WHQL driver for the simple fact that it's an official one. If you're also on a HD 5800 series model you may as well make the jump; there's no negative performance effects in our tests and a few positive ones to be seen.
If that's not enough to make you move over, there are a few new features included on the latest drivers. Of course, there's also that typical lineup of bug fixes that are always included with a new set.
While there's nothing to really get excited about with this particular driver, we do have to give some big props to the driver team for creating a wonderful HD 5970 driver. You can know that if you have a HD 5970 or if you're lucky enough to have two, you will see some simply fantastic performance from the setup.
As always, if you've got a different operating system, card or game and you're seeing some results worth mentioning, make sure you drop us a line in our forums. Next month should mark the final 9 series Catalyst driver from ATI and we hope that Santa in the red suit is bringing us something to get excited about this holiday season.
Until next month, may all your frame rates be high and your games good fun!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases