Well, all we can say is "WOW!"
Without a doubt ABIT is back, bigger and better than ever before. ABIT's reputation for overclocking to the max is secure - in fact, this is definitely a personal best for any Intel 975X motherboards we have had here in the TweakTown labs. No other company has managed to break 400MHz FSB until now.
ABIT's bundle and onboard features are also a fantastic mix - you get ALL the cables you need for the board, unlike some boards that come with half of the cables that the board can support. ABIT goes the full Monty and even provides a Toslink cable, no other board we have ever tested has arrived on our doorstep with this.
Overall the bundle, motherboard and overclocking were far above anything we expected and we see no reason not to recommend the ABIT AW9D-MAX to you - that is, along as you have a few extra dollars tucked away as this board will cost you more than most Intel 975X motherboards.
Core 2 support out of the box
Core 2 Quad support (probably requires BIOS update)
First 975X board here to break 400MHz FSB
Supports ATI Crossfire
Impressive silent cooling
Placement of FDD connector
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017