Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon X2 3800+ @ 260MHz FSB x 10 (1:1 RAM)
Motherboard(s): DFI Lanparty UT SLI DR Expert (Supplied by Bronet)
Memory: 2 X 1GB G.Skill HV PC4000 @ 260MHz (Supplied by Bronet)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7,200RPM SATA 2
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 6.6 and DX9c
Thanks to the people who left some comments in our last X1900XTX review, we had chance to let the new IceQ cooler loose when it came to overclocking. HIS guarantee a clock speed of 700MHz on the core and 1700MHz DDR on the memory but we were able to push that further and get as high as 717MHz on the core and 1740MHz DDR on the memory. While this isn't a huge gain when compared to what is offered from HIS, when compared to the stock speeds which is 650MHz on the core and 1550MHz DDR on the memory, it is quite substantial.
We have tested the HIS graphics card as it runs out of the box, which is the default (650MHz/1550MHz DDR) ATI speeds. We then have it compared against the slightly overclocked Sapphire (675MHz/1600MHz DDR) solution we looked at earlier in the week and then we pulled out the overclocking tools and cranked the HIS card up to (717MHz/1740MHz DDR) and ran it through all our benchmarks.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 120
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/
3DMark05 is now the second latest version in the popular 3DMark "Gamers Benchmark" series. It includes a complete set of DX9 benchmarks which tests Shader Model 2.0 and above.
For more information on the 3DMark05 benchmark, we recommend you read our preview here.
The lowest resolution shows that the HIS when overclocked to its highest possible speed seems to go back a little but when moving to the higher resolution we can see that the HIS card when overclocked clearly comes ahead.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99