The card is rather small for a server related product. Its height matches the standards for half height PCI, so even the smallest server chassis will be able to accept the 2310 controller card. Length is also smaller then we expect - compared to its older brother, the 2320, the card is half the length.
Interface with the motherboard is through the same PCI Express x4 that the 2320 uses. You can use this card in any PCI Express x4, x8 or x16 slot or if you have a desktop motherboard with a universal PCI Express slot, you could also use that.
The back of the card is extremely bare with only a HPT601 controller chip to aid in hot swapping and monitoring the SATA drives SMART status.
In the past Highpoint has produced its own controller chips to power their cards. Lately, Marvell chips have been given the thumbs up by the company. This is the case with the RocketRAID 2130, which uses a single Marvell 8SSX7042 chip. This chip has 4 SATA-II ports with support for all SATA 2.5 specifications as well as a PCI Express x4 interface. While x4 is the preferred speed, the controller can be slowed down to run at x2 or x1 speeds if the 2130 controller is to be used on desktop motherboards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [The Controller Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and PCMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - File Copy Test]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Game Level Loading]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset