We have managed to get a new BIOS from MSI that allows for FSB changes within the BIOS.
From here you can adjust the CPU frequency from 100MHz up to a max of 300MHz in 1MHz increments. With these settings we managed to get our 1.8GHz Clocked Dothan based Pentium-M CPU up to 2.01GHz.
BIOS and Overclocking
MSI uses an Award BIOS design similar to what we have seen from ASUS and Intel's own reference boards. This is one of the most useful BIOS layouts we have seen. Unfortunately MSI has given no overclocking features on the board as it is designed for stock use in a HTPC setup.
Under the Advanced menu are the options for tweaking the board's memory systems as well as some of the CPU features.
Under the Advanced Chipset Features sub-menu is a limited amount of memory tweaking options for your convenience. Depending on what memory you use (DDR or DDR2) are the amount of options and different settings.
Lastly is the CPU Feature sub-menu. Here you can adjust the Thermal Monitor used (either 1 or 2) as well as enabling or disabling the Execution Bit function on the CPU. There is no control over the FSB, FID, VID or any other voltages so we weren't able to do any overclocking tests here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Systems and Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Video Encoding]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015