We have managed to get a new BIOS from MSI that allows for FSB changes within the BIOS.
From here you can adjust the CPU frequency from 100MHz up to a max of 300MHz in 1MHz increments. With these settings we managed to get our 1.8GHz Clocked Dothan based Pentium-M CPU up to 2.01GHz.
BIOS and Overclocking
MSI uses an Award BIOS design similar to what we have seen from ASUS and Intel's own reference boards. This is one of the most useful BIOS layouts we have seen. Unfortunately MSI has given no overclocking features on the board as it is designed for stock use in a HTPC setup.
Under the Advanced menu are the options for tweaking the board's memory systems as well as some of the CPU features.
Under the Advanced Chipset Features sub-menu is a limited amount of memory tweaking options for your convenience. Depending on what memory you use (DDR or DDR2) are the amount of options and different settings.
Lastly is the CPU Feature sub-menu. Here you can adjust the Thermal Monitor used (either 1 or 2) as well as enabling or disabling the Execution Bit function on the CPU. There is no control over the FSB, FID, VID or any other voltages so we weren't able to do any overclocking tests here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Systems and Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Video Encoding]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards