AMD Athlon platform since its introduction has been a major thorn in the side for Intel, but a great cash crop for companies like VIA, SiS, ULi, ATI and nVidia, who all have chipsets out to support AMD Athlon. While nVidia only started to support AMD in the Socket A days, this is because they simply didn't have the capacity to make motherboard chipsets when Slot A was around. When we look back now, we see just how far the platforms have evolved, and what chipsets now come with as standard features were only drooling thoughts back in the Slot A days.
nVidia's nForce 4 SLI x16 chipset is now the hit product for the 3D giant, and with SLI now a huge part of the gamers life, we are starting to see every motherboard company who wants to stay in business starting to use this chipset.
Just recently we took a look at the ABIT AN8 32X motherboard, comparing it to the older nForce 4 SLI chipset that used to split a single PCI-E x16 lane down to twin x8 lanes - and we saw just how much of a difference this can make.
Today we are taking a look at another of the Dual x16 based nForce 4 boards, this time from MSI and will be comparing it against the ABIT AN8 32X and the Albatron K8SLI nForce 4 SLI original chipset to see how well this motherboard stacks up against the competition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- Blade Runner meets Fallout 4 in this amazing settlement creation
- Resident Evil 7 isn't a reboot, you play a powerless, ordinary person
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- which has appears diagnosing to whom the people additionally energy y
- Owen stayed at true to her bit
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines