AMD Athlon platform since its introduction has been a major thorn in the side for Intel, but a great cash crop for companies like VIA, SiS, ULi, ATI and nVidia, who all have chipsets out to support AMD Athlon. While nVidia only started to support AMD in the Socket A days, this is because they simply didn't have the capacity to make motherboard chipsets when Slot A was around. When we look back now, we see just how far the platforms have evolved, and what chipsets now come with as standard features were only drooling thoughts back in the Slot A days.
nVidia's nForce 4 SLI x16 chipset is now the hit product for the 3D giant, and with SLI now a huge part of the gamers life, we are starting to see every motherboard company who wants to stay in business starting to use this chipset.
Just recently we took a look at the ABIT AN8 32X motherboard, comparing it to the older nForce 4 SLI chipset that used to split a single PCI-E x16 lane down to twin x8 lanes - and we saw just how much of a difference this can make.
Today we are taking a look at another of the Dual x16 based nForce 4 boards, this time from MSI and will be comparing it against the ABIT AN8 32X and the Albatron K8SLI nForce 4 SLI original chipset to see how well this motherboard stacks up against the competition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield devs rip on new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer
- Modern Warfare Remastered: maps, dedicated servers and more
- Infinite Warfare is Call of Duty's first interplanetary space odyssey
- Radiohead has left the internet
- NVIDIA 365.10 drivers optimized for Overwatch, Forza
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched