EVGA isn't a stranger to the high-end graphics card market, and with its first release of GeForce GTX 1080 graphics cards - the cooling system wasn't perfect. It forced EVGA to rethink their cooling strategy, which is where moved towards their new iCX cooling technology - and now, the GTX 1080 SuperClocked 2 w/iCX graphics card.
You'd think that the discovery of an issue with their cooling would see EVGA tweak the cooling system, and re-release the card - but no, the company prides itself on high-quality products. EVGA went back to the drawing board with its new iCX technology, as it's not just a new cooler - it is a combination of a new PCB, thermal modules, LEDs, and their great Precision XOC software.
We'll go into detail on both EVGA's upgrades to the card, as the iCX cooling tech isn't just a cooler - it has many different new parts and features. All of this builds into the hype of the upcoming GeForce GTX 1080 Ti from EVGA, which should rock the same iCX cooling technology. It looks great, performs silently - and overclocks like a boss past 2.1GHz on the GPU.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 GAMING, 8GB GDDR5X, iCX Technology - 9 Thermal Sensors & RGB LED G/P/M, Asynch Fan, Optimized Airflow Design Graphics Card 08G-P4-6583-KR retails for $569.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [EVGA's New iCX Tech Isn't JUST a Cooler Upgrade]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 11 [Performance Analysis & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.74 million Switch systems in first month
- Nintendo profits increase by 521%
- Tekken 7's boxing kangaroo nixed due to animal activists
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives