EVGA isn't a stranger to the high-end graphics card market, and with its first release of GeForce GTX 1080 graphics cards - the cooling system wasn't perfect. It forced EVGA to rethink their cooling strategy, which is where moved towards their new iCX cooling technology - and now, the GTX 1080 SuperClocked 2 w/iCX graphics card.
You'd think that the discovery of an issue with their cooling would see EVGA tweak the cooling system, and re-release the card - but no, the company prides itself on high-quality products. EVGA went back to the drawing board with its new iCX technology, as it's not just a new cooler - it is a combination of a new PCB, thermal modules, LEDs, and their great Precision XOC software.
We'll go into detail on both EVGA's upgrades to the card, as the iCX cooling tech isn't just a cooler - it has many different new parts and features. All of this builds into the hype of the upcoming GeForce GTX 1080 Ti from EVGA, which should rock the same iCX cooling technology. It looks great, performs silently - and overclocks like a boss past 2.1GHz on the GPU.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 GAMING, 8GB GDDR5X, iCX Technology - 9 Thermal Sensors & RGB LED G/P/M, Asynch Fan, Optimized Airflow Design Graphics Card 08G-P4-6583-KR retails for $549.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [EVGA's New iCX Tech Isn't JUST a Cooler Upgrade]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 11 [Performance Analysis & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard