Case Build & Finished Product
As expected, nothing about the front of the chassis changed with our system installed. While the lines around the bay covers are noticed, we like the continuation of the brushed finish, rather than to have a device showing through the bezel. However, those who want to use this space have the option to.
When it came to installing our kit into the Pure Base 600, we found no issues with the motherboard installation, finding holes for various wires, or removing parts we did not need to block the video card from fitting inside. The video card does sag a bit, and we did try to adjust for it, but this is what we ended up with, using a heavy and long video card.
The dust shield went into place with minimal force, and the thumbscrews gave us no issue when it comes to mounting expansion cards. After digging through some random hardware we had lying around, we opted for thumbscrews to mount the PSU, which is snug and lines up well.
Using what was given to us, we installed the hook and loop straps in the back of the motherboard tray, and this alone was plenty to maintain the chassis wires. The 8-pin lead stays off to the right by itself and leaves plenty of room to populate the pair of 2.5" drive trays.
The only complaint about the side panels is their weight, but we also appreciate the measures taken to make this as quiet as possible. Getting the panels back on is a piece of cake, and from this angle, the Pure Base 600 is tightly wrapped to contain noise, and just awaiting the power cable for testing.
Once powered, the power button is glowing from the white LED under it. We did miss the flicker of the HDD activity light, but it is white also. With very few places to exhaust air in this configuration, our components were comfortable and cool inside, and we had to go to the back of the case to get any sound reading, which was 23 dB a foot away from the exhaust fan.
PRICING: You can find the be quiet! PURE BASE 600 Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The be quiet! PURE BASE 600 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $89 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The be quiet! PURE BASE 600 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £68 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives