Inside the Carbide 270R
While there is no gap offered at the bottom to remove the bezel, there is a raised section behind the mesh design to allow some grip to pop the pins out. The front I/O stays attached to the chassis, and as you can clearly see the fan installed in the front, there is not a dust filter present for the intake.
Our first look inside of the 270R shows that it is a vast open area, and we can see the box of hardware which has been wired to the floor, sitting just in front of the steel PSU cover. The wiring has also been tended to, to ensure it will not rub against the left side panel window.
On the inside of the front of the 270R, there are no bays present, and we do get the extra fan. This fan is a 3-pin powered clear 120mm fan, which will glow red from four LEDs. In this area, you can use three 120mm fans or two 140mm fans, and it is entirely capable of supporting water cooling as well.
The motherboard tray offers six locations to pass wiring through along with 13 locations to tie the wires to, and has standoffs in place for an ATX motherboard, but will also house Micro-ATX as well as Mini-ITX. The CPU cooler access hole is large, and to the right of it, we see the tray is angled to allow the majority of the wiring to be hidden there and blocked from view.
Below the main section of the motherboard tray, the floor is obscured from view due to this PSU cover. The front is vented to allow air to flow through while still containing wiring, it is curved gently at the edge, and offers an oblong hole for wires and is also ventilated to allow a PSU to be installed fan up or fan down.
Inside of the rear of the 270R, we find the second 120mm fan, which happens to be black and is also 3-pin powered. We can also see that the expansion slot covers are held in with thumbscrews to make mounting cards here as easy as possible.
Behind the motherboard tray, we can see four drive trays. The two at the left are used for 3.5" drive mounting but can be used for 2.5" drives too, and the pair under the access hole are made to accommodate 2.5" drives only. The front I/O wiring is routed for you and is 25mm deep in that area.
At the bottom of the back side, this is where you can slide the PSU under the cover. The bottom rail is cut away a bit to allow the PSU to fit, and we can see four rubber pads on raised sections of steel to support the PSU inside of the 270R.
The wiring from the front I/O panel isn't the longest we have seen, but they can reach where it needs to go. In the 270R, you find a native USB 3.0 plug, the wiring for the switches and LEDs, and a longer cable to connect the HD audio.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Corsair Carbide 270R Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Carbide 270R]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung confirms Black Pearl; comes with more storage
- Pewdiepie to delete his channel later today
- NASA joins Giphy with almost 500 awesome GIFs
- Nintendo Switch is actually pretty small
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD