4K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subject's descent into steady-state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady-state is achieved at 5,000 seconds of preconditioning for a single drive; 4,000 seconds for a two-drive array. We do note a significant number of outlying IOs.
With our configuration, we exceeded Techman's 4K random write factory specification of 115,000 IOPS. The XC100E5C delivers 4k random write performance that exactly matches that of Samsung's XS1715. The two-drive XC100E5C array delivers well over double the performance of a single drive in this test as we previously explained would happen in certain test scenarios. Intel's DC P3700 outperforms the DC P3608 at queue depths of up to 64. Our two-drive XC100E5C array eviscerates the DC P3608 at QD256 by 127K IOPS.
The XC100E5C outperforms Intel's DC P3700 across the board. Samsung's XS1715 outperforms the XC100E5C across the board. Our two-drive XC100E5C array hits a wall at QD128-256. We aren't exactly sure why the array hits this barrier, but this is the only test where it happens. Intel's DC P3608 beats all the competitors by over 100K at QD256. The XC100E5C performs very well, and very similar to Samsung's XS1715. The XC100E5C array outperforms the DC P3608 up to QD64.
Conclusion (TL;DR): The XC100E5C handily outperforms Intel's DC P3700 with 4K random reads. The reverse is true for 4K random writes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset