4K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subject's descent into steady-state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady-state is achieved at 5,000 seconds of preconditioning for a single drive; 4,000 seconds for a two-drive array. We do note a significant number of outlying IOs.
With our configuration, we exceeded Techman's 4K random write factory specification of 115,000 IOPS. The XC100E5C delivers 4k random write performance that exactly matches that of Samsung's XS1715. The two-drive XC100E5C array delivers well over double the performance of a single drive in this test as we previously explained would happen in certain test scenarios. Intel's DC P3700 outperforms the DC P3608 at queue depths of up to 64. Our two-drive XC100E5C array eviscerates the DC P3608 at QD256 by 127K IOPS.
The XC100E5C outperforms Intel's DC P3700 across the board. Samsung's XS1715 outperforms the XC100E5C across the board. Our two-drive XC100E5C array hits a wall at QD128-256. We aren't exactly sure why the array hits this barrier, but this is the only test where it happens. Intel's DC P3608 beats all the competitors by over 100K at QD256. The XC100E5C performs very well, and very similar to Samsung's XS1715. The XC100E5C array outperforms the DC P3608 up to QD64.
Conclusion (TL;DR): The XC100E5C handily outperforms Intel's DC P3700 with 4K random reads. The reverse is true for 4K random writes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elgato reveals new Stream Deck streaming hub
- Battle.net client is now called 'Blizzard'
- Mass Effect: Andromeda faces prove it needed more time
- Netflix has 25 new original TV/movies ready for April
- Facebook Messenger now features mentions and reactions
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse