GIGABYTE has given its BIOS a complete overhaul, at least when it comes to style. The BIOS features a black and red color theme, not unlike some of its competitors' BIOS. Apart from the color theme GIGABYTE included their greatly anticipated addition of proper fan control in the UEFI. GIGABYTE had much more basic control in their previous BIOS versions and more intricate control through software, but now users get that intricate control in the UEFI.
GIGABYTE also added in adaptive voltage mode operation, but I have not tried using it. I should mention that their RGB LEDs are fully configurable through the BIOS, and there is no need to install any of GIGABYTE's software to get full control over the hardware because the BIOS lacks it.
The motherboard carries a lot of optional software. Programs include @BIOS, 3D OSD, Ambient LED, Color Temperature (for removing/reducing the blue light from your monitor), Cloud Station, USB Blocker, System Information Viewer (fan control), EasyTune, V-Tuner, Home Cloud, Smart Backup, Smart TimeLock, and Smart Keyboard.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $453 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for £394 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99-Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse