GIGABYTE has given its BIOS a complete overhaul, at least when it comes to style. The BIOS features a black and red color theme, not unlike some of its competitors' BIOS. Apart from the color theme GIGABYTE included their greatly anticipated addition of proper fan control in the UEFI. GIGABYTE had much more basic control in their previous BIOS versions and more intricate control through software, but now users get that intricate control in the UEFI.
GIGABYTE also added in adaptive voltage mode operation, but I have not tried using it. I should mention that their RGB LEDs are fully configurable through the BIOS, and there is no need to install any of GIGABYTE's software to get full control over the hardware because the BIOS lacks it.
The motherboard carries a lot of optional software. Programs include @BIOS, 3D OSD, Ambient LED, Color Temperature (for removing/reducing the blue light from your monitor), Cloud Station, USB Blocker, System Information Viewer (fan control), EasyTune, V-Tuner, Home Cloud, Smart Backup, Smart TimeLock, and Smart Keyboard.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $453 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for £394 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99-Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now