GIGABYTE has given its BIOS a complete overhaul, at least when it comes to style. The BIOS features a black and red color theme, not unlike some of its competitors' BIOS. Apart from the color theme GIGABYTE included their greatly anticipated addition of proper fan control in the UEFI. GIGABYTE had much more basic control in their previous BIOS versions and more intricate control through software, but now users get that intricate control in the UEFI.
GIGABYTE also added in adaptive voltage mode operation, but I have not tried using it. I should mention that their RGB LEDs are fully configurable through the BIOS, and there is no need to install any of GIGABYTE's software to get full control over the hardware because the BIOS lacks it.
The motherboard carries a lot of optional software. Programs include @BIOS, 3D OSD, Ambient LED, Color Temperature (for removing/reducing the blue light from your monitor), Cloud Station, USB Blocker, System Information Viewer (fan control), EasyTune, V-Tuner, Home Cloud, Smart Backup, Smart TimeLock, and Smart Keyboard.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $453 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for £394 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99-Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD