The STRIX X99 GAMING's BIOS is very similar to previous ROG X99 BIOS versions. The STRIX X99 GAMING is considered an ROG motherboard, targeted towards gamers more than anyone else, but it still carries a very wide array of ROG overclocking features, including basic CPU overclocking profiles targeted towards owners of the major Broadwell-E refresh CPUs.
There are two modes; an EZ Mode provides simple GUI BIOS settings, and an Advanced mode provides a GUI more familiar to tweakers and more experienced users. Fan control is just as extensive as it has been from ASUS recently, they have some of the most expansive fan control options include step up, step down, lower speed limits, and even manual duty cycle adjustment.
ASUS's UEFI is perhaps the most setting heavy I have encountered as of yet, but it's also intuitive and has good descriptions of what each feature does.
ASUS's software suite is very extensive. Inside the DIP5 program, you can access TPU, Turbo App, EPU, Fan Expert 4, DIGI+ Power Control, PC Cleaner, AI Charger+, USB 3.1 Boost, EZ Update, System Information, Mobo Connect, USB BIOS Flashback, Push Notice, and Version applications. There is also automatic overclocking built into the program if you want to go that route. GameFirst IV is also included for networking, and ASUS has a custom skin for the Realtek audio solution.
AURA is ASUS's program for controlling the RGB LEDs, and you can control each of the four RGB zones independently or sync all of them for a more uniform effect. There are many ways to control the RGBs, from streaming color across the motherboard to syncing the RGBs to music.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $361 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for £266 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG STRIX X99 GAMING Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi 6 finally available outside of China
- Nokia 6 available in the US in early July
- Nintendo SNES Mini includes 21 built-in games for $79.99
- Enjoy the photos of another historic SpaceX launch
- 4K textures required in Xbox One X games even on HDTVs
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller