Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read/write transfers max out at 536/513 MB/s. Both figures exceed Crucial's given maximum sequential performance. Maximum read performance is achieved at 1MB transfers, maximum write at 256KB transfers. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity.
The MX300 displays a nice performance curve with superior small file write performance up to 16KB transfers. Beyond 16KB transfers the MDD BP5e and TRION 150 lead the field.
This is our first indication that the MX300 is more of a write centric SSD. Sequential read performance comes in at the bottom of our test pool. Crucial's own BX200 displays a better sequential read performance curve.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. In terms of overall score, the MX300 outperforms the SP550, TRION 100 and the BX200 handily. A score of 4,913 gives us a good indication that the MX300 is a solid mid-level performer exactly as it is marketed by Crucial. If we focus in on write scoring we can see that the MX300 delivers the second best write score of the bunch.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Because QD8 is still within consumer range, we feel the MX300 delivers overall the second best performance of the drive's in our test pool.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Great performance at QD1-2 is what we want to see and in this respect, the MX300 delivers the goods. At queue depths above two, the Phison S10 powered BP5e and TRION 150 lead the field.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil's]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CDM & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung teases prototype 1.96-inch 4K LCD for VR HMDs
- Exploding Beats headphones aren't Apple's fault
- Samsung: Galaxy S8 is 2-for-1 in the US only right now
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- Joss Wheddon taking over 'Justice League' directing duty
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning