Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read/write transfers max out at 536/513 MB/s. Both figures exceed Crucial's given maximum sequential performance. Maximum read performance is achieved at 1MB transfers, maximum write at 256KB transfers. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity.
The MX300 displays a nice performance curve with superior small file write performance up to 16KB transfers. Beyond 16KB transfers the MDD BP5e and TRION 150 lead the field.
This is our first indication that the MX300 is more of a write centric SSD. Sequential read performance comes in at the bottom of our test pool. Crucial's own BX200 displays a better sequential read performance curve.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. In terms of overall score, the MX300 outperforms the SP550, TRION 100 and the BX200 handily. A score of 4,913 gives us a good indication that the MX300 is a solid mid-level performer exactly as it is marketed by Crucial. If we focus in on write scoring we can see that the MX300 delivers the second best write score of the bunch.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Because QD8 is still within consumer range, we feel the MX300 delivers overall the second best performance of the drive's in our test pool.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Great performance at QD1-2 is what we want to see and in this respect, the MX300 delivers the goods. At queue depths above two, the Phison S10 powered BP5e and TRION 150 lead the field.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil's]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CDM & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch is actually pretty small
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T