be quiet! Silent Base 600 Mid-Tower Chassis
The SB 600 offers a two-part front bezel that offers a brushed metal look to it, in which the top section opens for 5.25" bay access. On either side, the bezel angles towards the sides, and with mesh running down these sections, we see the first indications of the orange trim as it rings that mesh.
Behind the magnetically latched door, we find sound deadening material attached to it. On the face of the chassis, we see a tiny switch to control the fans, as well as three bay covers that can be removed for drives.
The front I/O panel is angles much like the sides of the bezel are, just this time at the top. In it, we find the USB 2.0 ports on the left, HD Audio jacks in the middle, and USB 3.0 ports on the right. Into the top panel, we run into the HDD activity LED, and the backlit power button a bit further back.
The top of the chassis is chunky at the front and the back as it rises above the rest of the panel. Near the back there are slots which allow the fans below to blow air through it.
Viewing it from the left, we can still see the orange trim at the front, and it is carried into a ring around the huge window offered in this version. As for the panel, it is steel and is held in place with thumbscrews.
There is venting in the top panel, and an offset before you run into the rear I/O and 120mm exhaust fan. Below these are three grommets followed by seven expansion slots with passive ventilation next to them. At the bottom, we find the PSU location and can see a tab to help remove the dust filter there.
The right side of the chassis offers an option for a fan, like the solid side panel would do if there were no window on the left side. The plastic panel will pop out, offered a dust filter, and can have a fan placed there.
Under the chassis, we see large chunky feet with rubber pads on them. The front feet are solid while the back ones have grooves in them to allow the dust filter to slide right through them.
PRICING: You can find the be quiet! Silent Base 600 Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The be quiet! Silent Base 600 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $136 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The be quiet! Silent Base 600 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £90 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [be quiet! Silent Base 600 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Silent Base 600]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now