Inside the 450K
Removing a few caps we can see the clear plastic plungers used in this hybrid switch design. On either side of the shift key, we found little clips for the torsion bar, and sadly, you cannot use aftermarket key caps out there marketed for Cherry switches.
From what we can tell, when the caps are molded, the plastic is clearer, not opaque, and with the black painted exteriors, it shows right through the body of the caps. If you do plan to remove the caps, be mindful of the fact that the clips under the wider caps are tiny, and can easily be broken.
Under the plungers, we see a standard membrane that runs across the entire keyboard. Tiny bits in the membrane make contact with the copper traces in the plastic sheet that is now lying on the white plastic panel that is used to illuminate all of the keys.
Part of the spill-proof design uses a plastic cover over the controller board. Removing it for a view of the SinoWeatlh SH68F88P MCU, we see there is a rubber washer that allows the ribbon cable and LED power wires to pass through, but seals out any accidental spills that may occur.
One drawback to the 450K is that even on its brightest setting, the backlighting is dim. The default option is to use red, but with the UIX System software installed, you can also choose to use green, yellow, or a mode that cycles through all three color options.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design