Inside the 450K
Removing a few caps we can see the clear plastic plungers used in this hybrid switch design. On either side of the shift key, we found little clips for the torsion bar, and sadly, you cannot use aftermarket key caps out there marketed for Cherry switches.
From what we can tell, when the caps are molded, the plastic is clearer, not opaque, and with the black painted exteriors, it shows right through the body of the caps. If you do plan to remove the caps, be mindful of the fact that the clips under the wider caps are tiny, and can easily be broken.
Under the plungers, we see a standard membrane that runs across the entire keyboard. Tiny bits in the membrane make contact with the copper traces in the plastic sheet that is now lying on the white plastic panel that is used to illuminate all of the keys.
Part of the spill-proof design uses a plastic cover over the controller board. Removing it for a view of the SinoWeatlh SH68F88P MCU, we see there is a rubber washer that allows the ribbon cable and LED power wires to pass through, but seals out any accidental spills that may occur.
One drawback to the 450K is that even on its brightest setting, the backlighting is dim. The default option is to use red, but with the UIX System software installed, you can also choose to use green, yellow, or a mode that cycles through all three color options.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4