It seems that video game console manufacturers are still striving to find the perfect controller, the one that feels just right in the hand. Sony's success with the DualShock series ever since the original PlayStation console could be seen as some as a lack of innovation, but most people would also agree that Microsoft generally got it right with the Xbox 360 and One.
And so when they announced they were going to release a premium controller, it was a little puzzling to say the least. However, if you look beyond the pack in hardware, third parties have been building ultra-premium controllers for a while and so in many ways, it's surprising it has taken a first party this long to jump on the bandwagon. Microsoft's shot at this market is the Xbox One Elite wireless controller, and despite it being their first foray into the premium controller would, they may have just cracked success first time around.
Microsoft positions this controller as for either professional esports players or those players that want to be able to customize their controller to the nth degree. However, in some ways, they may be underselling the potential market base of this controller because it not only has some features that are clearly designed for hardcore and professional gamers, there are some real improvements to the controller that almost everyone can gain improvements from.
The Xbox One Elite controller comes in a larger box than the usual Xbox One controller, and it's quite a bit heavier to pick up. This is due to the contents of the box including a nice case for the controller backing up the premium moniker of the hardware. And you do need that case because there are so many customizable options, which without it, it would be very easy to lose some of the parts.
It's not over the top fancy packaging that you see with some very high-end video cards and the like, but including a case was the perfect addition by Microsoft especially considering the $149 price tag.
PRICING: You can find the Microsoft Xbox One Elite Wireless Gaming Controller for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Microsoft Xbox One Elite Wireless Gaming Controller retails for $149 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Microsoft Xbox One Elite Wireless Gaming Controller retails for £150 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy VII Remake has destructible environments
- HTC's Snapdragon 835 powered flagship leaks - the HTC U
- Final Fantasy XIV free trial now has unlimited time
- SpaceX to launch first-ever used rocket to space
- Gamestop: we'll be chasing Switch supply this whole year
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design