Packaging and Overview
The S7076's box is very simple and is just large enough to fit the motherboard. I wanted to note that this is a review sample, and the board did not come with any accessories. I believe that the retail package comes with two SATA cables, an IO shield, a quick installation guide, and a driver CD.
The TYAN S7076 has seven 4-pin PWM fan headers, and I will detail how you can control them when I look at the BIOS. TYAN claims the motherboard's layout is optimized for racks, and overall that does seem to be the case. The positioning of the OCP Mezzanine card slot allows a networking mezz card's ports to exit out of the back panel while the proprietary mezzanine card slot is positioned for internal storage (expanded SAS). There are two PCI-E 8x slots that can fit 16x cards, but they will not fit in a full-sized consumer video card. The back of the motherboard is almost bare except for an external clock generator and some standard SMD capacitors.
The IO panel on the S7076 is very basic, two RJ-45 ports for networking (the port nearest the ID LED button can be used for IPMI), two USB 3.0 ports, a COM port, a D-SUB port, and an ID LED button.
To make things a bit more convenient, TYAN includes onboard power, reset, and clear CMOS buttons for easy access. TYAN also provides a list of recommended PCI-E riser cards in the manual in case you want to expand the PCI-E slots. The typical OCP Mezzanine card slot is positioned so that if the card has external ports (such as a 10Gbit NIC) then they can be accessed from outside the rack.
The "E" version of the S7076 comes with the four black mini-SAS HD (supporting NVMe) connectors pictured above in line with the 24-pin connector. Behind that is a vertical USB 2.0 port for devices such as a USB based encryption key or license for enterprise software. There is also a white COM port near an internal speaker, a socket with BIOS ROM, a TYAN module header, a PSMI connector (black), an IPMB header (yellow), and a fan connector header for barebones.
On the other end of the motherboard are two mini-SAS 6Gb/s ports, two SATA6Gb/s ports, a USB 3.0 header (blue), a USB 2.0 header (blue without wall), a front panel header array (black without wall), and a PCH SATA GPIO header (black with wall). There is a proprietary mezz card slot meant for SAS expansion, and TYAN includes a list of compatible cards. Scattered around the motherboard are jumpers for COM2/COM5 selection, BMC reset, BIOS recovery mode, NMI, ME recovery mode, and ME security override.
Each CPU is provided an 8-pin header for dedicated power, and each CPU socket is surrounded by at least two 4-pin PWM fan headers. These headers fit very tight against the fan's connector to ensure a snug fit. A single OCP mezzanine card slot is provided at the center of the board.
Each CPU has a 6-phase VRM providing power, and each of these VRMs is cooled by an aluminum heat sink. These heat sinks and the one that cools the PCH chipset are held to the board with pushpins. The condition of the thermal pads used to conduct the heat between component and heat sink reveals excellent contact.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- The first sign of Kaby Lake X: the Intel Core i7-7740K
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse