Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
These results may seem a bit strange, but keep in mind we are using the software fan curves for this round of testing. In quiet mode, we see temperatures reach only 48.25 degrees, which is a strong finish. But once Performance mode is used, we see the 46 degree result. The thing about this is, the fans never got to spin anywhere near full speed for this result.
When it came to the overclocked testing, we changed things a touch to reflect the true performance of this cooler. Quiet mode was used to get the 68.5 degree result, and performance mode was in control for the 64.25 degree chart topping result. However, if you planned to use four fans in push/pull and let them run full speed, you could get even better results, as the amazing 62.5 degree result shows. Three degrees better than the larger previous record holder.
Noise Level Results
In Quiet Mode, the fans never went above 800 RPM, delivering only 24 dB of noise. With the software turned to Performance mode, the fans spun at or below 1400 RPM and there we got a reading of 40 dB.
The most we ever got out of any testing in Quiet mode was 33 dB, and it takes a serious heat load to get them to this level. We also looked for the max to go with the chart, and as we supplied 12V via the PWM percentage option in the software, and things got really loud at 68 dB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now