Installation and Finished Product
Make sure all of the white o-rings are set properly on the studs, and set the back plate on the motherboard by running the studs through the holes, being mindful of the socket orientation, as this plate is only drilled to work three out of four ways.
With the studs through the motherboard, we dropped the black plastic pieces over them, installed the top brackets to orient the cooler the way we wanted it to go, and went ahead and locked it all into place with the thumbscrews on top.
When it comes to mounting the cooler to the rest of the hardware, we do recommend the fan is removed, but it can be done with it in place, you just need to be more careful. Simply slide the driver in the holes and get into the screw head and send them home, the threads will stop when you are there.
We decided to keep the low-profile mode going on when it came to the installation. In doing so, we can see that memory with normal heat spreaders or without them will have no issues fitting this way. There is even enough room left to get the fan in and out easily.
The nice thing about this is that even though we are getting very close to the memory, all we would have to do, room allowing, would be to put the fan on top. While we do cover the RAM and make it tough to remove, we are providing it with a good amount of airflow from the fan just above them.
Stepping back and looking at how the offset works for us here, it is not hard to imagine aligning it up to cool the top edge, or even towards the back cooling the I/O and power management there.
With everything in and ready for testing, we still have the fan under the fins blowing upwards. We will be testing a top down fan placement as well and see how that all shakes out performance wise in testing. We would like to mention that the first PCI-e slot is fully free from obstruction now as well.
PRICING: You can find the Noctua NH-C14S for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Noctua NH-C14S retails for $100 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Noctua NH-C14S retails for £79 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Noctua NH-C14S CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- As far as pricing is concerned, the NH-C14S should be sold at our MSRP of USD 74.90. The initial demand has been higher than expected though and unfortunately, we couldn't make supply catch up with demand yet, so some resellers are asking excessive prices. We're working hard to ramp up production as quickly as possible so that the NH-C14S will soon be available at its intended price of USD 74.90.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design