Case Build and Finished Product
With the Noctis 450 full of goodies, we love that the front of the chassis remains unchanged. Of course, if you wanted a bay reservoir or wanted to use an external fan controller, this isn't the best solution for you. With the interior laid out as it is though, there is plenty of room for a cylinder reservoir, and adding the Grid takes care of most fan control issues.
With our test system installed, we ran into not one issue in the process of getting it there. We can see that there is a significant amount of room at the top, and thicker radiators will fit there, but you may need to opt for a smaller rear exhaust fan and be sure it is mounted all the way down in the grooves to accommodate them. Also for the front, you are unlimited with space there too, unless you have a very long video card that would cause an issue.
The dust shield popped right into place, but when it came to mounting the video card, we did have to flex the back of the chassis inward just a bit to accomplish that. As for the PSU, we slid it into the chassis, remounted the plate to the case, and the screw holes all lined right up to mount the PSU to the plate.
Our wiring is very simple, but even so we found plenty of room to run the PSU leads without interference from the routed chassis wiring. There are ample tie points to contain anything you will run here and adequate room where it needs to be so that the door panel is easily replaced without touching any of this.
With the chassis all back together, we do like what we have here. We get to keep all of the sleekness that NZXT intended on the outside as well as taking advantage of the great view offered through the window.
After plugging in the power cord, we went ahead and powered the Noctis 450 and found that the power button glows red to match the NZXT logo on the PSU cover. All of the angles and ways of removing most of the noise does work well, but as shipped we noticed the fans were audible at 35dB from the front, top, and rear of the chassis.
Reaching around the back of the chassis to turn on the LED light switch, we see that the red NZXT logo in the PSU cover is backlit and glows quite bright. If you are trying to sleep, press the switch again and this will turn off and not bother you a bit.
Along with the power switch and the NZXT logo, don't forget about the LED strips under the chassis. Now, since we have backed away from the chassis, it is easy to see the under glow effect that they offer. Of course this means you will want red interior bits too, or you may need to do some modifications if you wish for a different LED color at this time.
PRICING: You can find the NZXT Noctis 450 Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The NZXT Noctis 450 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $139.99 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The NZXT Noctis 450 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £106.85 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 coming to PC with major improvements
- XCOM 2 no longer PC exclusive, out on Xbox One and PS4
- The Walking Dead co-creator suing AMC for $280 million
- Samsung talks about building a 10K mobile display for VR
- Gears of War 4 requires a huge 80GB HDD space on the PC
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now