3DMark Fire Strike - 1080p
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 1440p
3DMark Fire Strike Ultra - 4K
Heaven - 1080p
Heaven - 1440p
Heaven - 4K
In synthetic testing, we can see that AMD has improved upon the 290X, with the 390X being around 13% faster in 3DMark Fire Strike (1080p). In the Fire Strike Extreme test at 1440p, the 390X is 16.5% faster than the 290X.
When it comes to Fire Strike Ultra, the 4K side of 3DMark, the MSI Radeon R9 390X Gaming 8G is 15% faster than the SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X.
Moving over to Heaven, we see the MSI Radeon R9 390X Gaming 8G being around 10% faster than the SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X Tri-X 8GB. At 4K, the R9 390X manages 20FPS, while the R9 290X sits at 19FPS. Dropping down to 1440p, we see the 390X with 47FPS, while the 290X sees 44FPS. At 1080p, the 390X wins with 76FPS, with the 290X on 71FPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4