After a couple of days of solid use, I have to say that I'm actually impressed with the battery life on the Galaxy S6 edge. I had posted some first impressions onto our Facebook page on the first day, with the battery life disappearing quick.
I had my Google account being restored to the device, so all of my settings, applications and more were being synced at the time. After a couple of days of real-world usage, the battery life began moving into a better rhythm and extending its life past 12 hours of normal usage.
I can't be too critical on the battery life just yet, as you need a good week or two at the absolute bare minimum to have any judgment on the battery life. But for the first 48 hours or so, the battery life has been impressive.
Samsung Made Some Mistakes Getting Here
Keyboard: The first thing that I did to my Galaxy S6 edge once it was all synced with my Google account was install and setup SwiftKey. Samsung's excuse for a software keyboard is just so bad, I don't know how people can use it and enjoy it. My advice: install SwiftKey, and never go back, ever.
No SD card slot: This is forgivable, as the iPhone doesn't have it and some people are completely fine with that. I've never been one to use an SD card in my phone, as I will just remove it all and throw it into my Google Drive account (or onto my PC or NAS) and then free up that space. But, for some people, this is a game-changing part of the S6, and S6 edge - the removal of the SD card slot.
Noisy Home button: I don't know how Samsung got away with this, but the Home button makes an almighty loud sound when it's pressed down. It's annoyingly loud.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni