This is where you can fast forward to the final section of the review, and get a quick recap and points on the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition.
A Beast of a GeForce GTX 970: The ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition doesn't mess around - it looks tough, acts tougher and overclocks like a champion. ZOTAC take things to a totally new level with this card.
Huge Overclocking Potential: With a factory overclock applied, I didn't think we'd squeeze this much out of the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition, but here we are, with a massive overclock that was perfectly stable for countless hours of gaming.
Near GTX 980 Performance For $150 Less: In most of our 1080p and 1440p tests, the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition takes swings at the GTX 980, which is great considering it costs $150 less. The GTX 970 is a powerhouse GPU, but ZOTAC takes it and runs with it.
Nice & Quiet: After coming in off a slew of GeForce GTX 960 reviews, the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition can handle 1080p, 1440p and 4K testing, all without making a noise. Sure the fans spin up, but they never get to the point where you can hear the fans that much at all.
Maxwell Architecture: We continue to be impressed by what NVIDIA has achieved with Maxwell, with a near full family of GPUs powered by the Maxwell architecture. The ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition continues this, providing the full suite of technologies that the Maxwell architecture provides.
ZOTAC has impressed me here, as there's absolutely nothing I can say about the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition that is negative. Near GTX 980 level performance, super quiet, it has massive overclocking potential and so much more.
This is my fourth video card review, and while I can't believe I'm saying this: ZOTAC has knocked it out of the park with the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition. While I don't have any other GeForce GTX 970s to compare it against, I do have a lifetime worth of experience behind me of buying various video cards, and testing them through our Tweakipedia section of TweakTown.
I've got some GTX 960s, the reference GTX 780 and GTX 980s, as well as a slew of AMD Radeon video cards and I'm still impressed with what we have here today. We have near, or equal performance to that of the reference GeForce GTX 980, low total system power consumption, a slick design, huge overclocking potential and so much more.
The ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition is one of the best video cards I have in my arsenal right now, and it has replaced my reference GeForce GTX 980 as my daily gaming card. For under $400, you simply cannot go wrong with the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition.
PRICING: You can find the Zotac GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card ZT-90103-10P for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (overclocking, power)||97%|
|Quality (build, cooling, design)||95%|
|General Features (display outputs, etc)||95%|
|Bundle, Packaging & Software||90%|
|Value for Money||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: Even on its stock factory overclocked speeds, the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Edition is a great card, but with huge overclocking potential, silent operation and a great look... this is one of the best out there.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging & Box Contents]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 5 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic (3DMark and Heaven)]
- Page 7 [Game Benchmarks (1080p)]
- Page 8 [Game Benchmarks (1440p)]
- Page 9 [Performance - 4K]
- Page 10 [Performance Summary]
- Page 11 [Overclocking]
- Page 12 [Power Consumption, Sound Testing and Software]
- Page 13 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset