Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
In comparison to other coolers within the price range of the H7, the H7 falls just short of the NiC L32 performance. However, for a single 120mm tower design this compact, we feel the 52 degree result it offers with our stock speeds to be very good overall, as it beats a few much larger designs.
With the system overclock applied, and the fan running at full speed, we found the H7 does slide down the chart a bit with the 74.92 degree result, but to be fair, compact coolers aren't exactly intended for the maximum overclock your processor could achieve. Again, it's not the best showing here, but the H7 still outperformed larger and more expensive options that may not fit where this cooler does.
Noise Level Results
After limiting the voltage, we found the QR120 fan spinning at 1000 RPM, and were pleased to barely hear the 31 dB of noise that this cooler produced.
With the fan receiving more voltage, and reporting a speed of 1600 RPM, the noise level does increase to 50 dB, but as you can see, there are much worse coolers out there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cryorig H7 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Huawei and Leica establish new R&D center for VR and AR
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now