Accessories and Documentation
From the large bag of hardware, we pulled out a smaller bag with an Intel sticker on it. Inside of the smaller bag, we found the universal backplate with tape to adhere it to the motherboard. Along with that, we also found the Intel mounting bracket components and universal screws on the left, and LGA2011 specific screws on the right.
The next bag we pulled out was labelled "AMD," and we found this inside. There are two brackets for the head unit, and a set of four AMD specific screws. This kit does not supply a backplate for AMD; you must use the stock solution the motherboard came with.
No matter which screws are used, you are given springs and washers to run up the thumbscrew before running it through the mounting brackets. Fractal also supplies nuts to lock the screws into the mounting bracket.
To mount the fans, Fractal Design supplies us with twelve long screws that require the use of the Allen wrench. There is also a set of much shorter screws to allow the radiator to be mounted in the chassis.
To simplify the wiring, and since each fan only draws 0.18A of power, they have supplied the three lead splitter cable to keep all of the fans in sync when powered. They also include a syringe of Zero thermal paste with enough paste for a few tries at the perfect mount.
We are given three Silent Series HP 120mm fans in this kit. All have black frames with white blades and hubs, and all have four-pin connections at the end of braided cables.
As for the paper work, we found the "do not return to store" insert, and information on the warranty. We are also given a user guide that is essentially a step-by-step guide through installation. Fractal Design does a very good job here with the instructions, and the instructions should leave nobody hanging with questions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Fractal Design Kelvin S36 AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased for January 2017
- Windows 10 is now on over 400 million devices
- Final 'Fantastic Beasts' trailer brings back the magic
- Disney remaking 'The Lion King' in new CG hybrid feature
- Pre-order Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess figures now
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now