Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
Starting things out without an overclock, we found the processor idling at 25.75 degrees, and is a pretty average result across the board. When we applied the testing, and the time had elapsed, we found the 4770K to have reached a maximum of 50.75 degrees.
Compared to others on the list, we expected this cooler to fall between the pair of Enermax AIOs, and it did exactly that.
With the overclock applied, our idle temperature went up a single degree. As we ran the rounds of testing in various orientations, we got an average result of 72.91 degrees across all cores.
While the results here are not horrible, even with the high pressure fans, the silence in the design is holding this cooler back in our opinion, as we did expect slightly better results.
Noise Level Results
With limited voltage allowed to the fans, and AIDA 64 showing us the RPM was right at 1200 RPM, we found that the fans were delivering 31 dB of noise at this time. Not exactly dead silent, but nothing to complain about here either.
Letting the Kelvin T12 do all that it could do with our 4770K, we allowed all of the voltage we could deliver, and found the fans turning at 1741 RPM. When we hear 52dB, we don't think of a silent fan, but this is what we found in our testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Fractal Design Kelvin T12 AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni