Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
As we start our testing with the stock processor speed and a lowered fan voltage, we saw the fan spinning at 1230 RPM at this point. This placed the NiC L32 in the middle of the chart with a 51.5 degree result. This result does not seem that great when compared with the other aftermarket coolers on the list, but it is still nearly 30 degrees better than the stock option.
With the overclock now applied, and the fan now reporting only 1654 RPM with what our digital multi-meter showed receiving 12.11V, the results reflect the lack of speed. At this level, we again find the NiC L32 to be able to handle the heat, but it falls closer to the bottom than we had anticipated with the 74.42 degree average.
Noise Level Results
While the fan was spinning at 1230 RPM with 7.5V supplied, the meter read 32 dB at a foot away from the back of the cooler. This is a very tolerable level, and when PWM was in control at idle, we saw speeds of 800 RPM, with even less noise at that time.
With the higher RPMs and air flow rating that this 140mm fan delivers, it is no shock to us that the noise levels jumped quite a bit when the fan was left to run at full speed. Keep in mind that our fan was slower than specified, so in most instances, we would assume that the noise would be more than the 52 dB we saw at this time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermaltake NiC L32 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni