8k Random Read/Write
Many server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write distributions.
The average 8K random read speed of the Toshiba HK3R2 is 50,560 IOPS at 256 OIO, the Samsung 845DC EVO measures 52,731 IOPS, the Micron M500DC measures 48,034 IOPS, and the Intel DC S3500 measures 44,444 IOPS.
The HK3R2 places second in the latency testing.
The HK3R2 averages 10,357 IOPS, the M500DC leads with an average of 23,852 IOPS, the 845DC EVO comes in third with 7,112 IOPS, and the DC S3500 averages 6,937 IOPS.
The HK3R2 leads the DC S3500 and the 845DC EVO, but trails the M500DC by a large margin.
The test field separates into two clear groups as we mix in more write activity, with the HK3R2 and M500DC coming out on top.
Power consumption for the HK3R2 averages 3.68 watts; the 845DC EVO averages 3.54 watts, the M500DC averages 4.77 watts, and the DC S3500 averages 3.75 watts.
The HK3R2 averages 2,683 IOPS-per-watt, the M500DC leads the efficiency test with 4,877 IOPS-per-watt, the 845DC EVO averages 1,994 IOPS-per-watt, and the DC S3500 averages 1,584 IOPS-per-watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 64: now $700+ on Amazon and Newegg
- Hollywood, not miners, gobbling up Radeon RX Vega supply
- Microsoft introduces Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition
- Tesla's Gigafactory shows huge progress in a new video
- Final Fantasy XV will support 8K resolution on PC
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience