Why do I even need a portable speaker? I asked to myself as my friend dragged out his old Jawbone JAMBOX in 2013. He connected it via Bluetooth to his iPhone 4 and blasted some tunes away while we lazed in the spa, and thus my love for this style of sound was born.
I have been travelling a bit for various different jobs over the past few years, business trips and exhibitions have left me exhausted and in need of some musical stress relief. As someone who listens to music almost 24/7 while at home, working, at the gym or driving, having a unit I can take with me is extremely important - especially when your friends are around and you want to share some beats.
In this review, I'll go over this portable speaker I have been sent by Arctic, my impressions on the build design, specifications, price and availability. As with most sound based objects, I can only give you my opinion and thoughts on the product and it's up to you to decide if you like the overall package enough to either hear it in-store, hear a professional recording of the sound output, or buy one online if you trust me enough.
Enough about myself, lets get cracking into the review.
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Featuring extremely handy NFC connectivity and a power output (RMS) of 2x 3W, this Arctic unit also offers the basic capabilities for you to call your friends using the speaker in replacement for the 'loudspeaker' on your phone. This functionality comes through a built-in microphone boasting a sensitivity of -44 ±3dB. A 2-year limited warranty is supplied with the S113 BT, which also boasts an interesting inclusion of 2x 1.5" full range drivers and 2x 1.5" Bass Radiators, set to improve your sounds depth, volume and punch. As a handy little consideration, this device gives you the ability to connect to all iOS and Android phones.
Sitting at 290g and with eight hours of claimed playback through the included 1200 mAh battery, this small unit provides enough punch for a small gathering of friends or a solo jam session in your lounge room.
On top of all of these features, the Arctic S113 BT comes in a variety of color options including: black, blue, pink, yellow, orange and white. We think the black looks the best, and as such requested this exact color for review purposes.
A Closer Look and what's in the box
Shipped as a rather basic unit, the Arctic S113BT comes with a simple package of - the device itself, a charging cable, a basic user manual, a 3.5mm AUX male-to-male cable and a handy travel pouch. Often you'll see other products being shipped with accessories things such as special leather carry pouches, portable battery packs and other goodies, however it seems Arctic has kept this one simple as to keep not only the package small, but the costs down.
Rather than a boring picture by picture - we've utilized our new 1080p Logitech webcam as seen on the TweakTown tech podcasts to show you exactly what's involved.
PRICING: You can find the ARCTIC S113BT NFC/Bluetooth 4.0 Stereo Speaker for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ARCTIC S113BT NFC/Bluetooth 4.0 Stereo Speaker retails for $44.66 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni