Test System Setup
For our test today, we're using two dual Xeon systems, each with a Supermicro AOC-S40G-iQ2 40GbE NIC installed. We're testing through a Supermicro SSE0X3348TR switch with the latest firmware, and the AOC-S40G-iQ2 cards connected to the switch's 40Gbps Ethernet ports. The test software is iXChariot from IXIA.
Supermicro SSE-X3348TR 10GbE / 40GbE Switch
With a switching fabric of 1284 Gbps through forty-eight 10GbE ports, and four 40GbE QSFP+ connectors, the SSE-X3348TR is our switch of choice for testing SMB and enterprise network products.
Benchmarks - Throughput
We used the industry standard IXIA ixChariot to test the Supermicro AOC-S40G-iQ2. In this first test, we used two Supermicro dual Xeon systems, each loaded with an AOC-S40G-iQ2, and connected to a Supermicro SSE-X3348TR switch.
With sixteen instances of iXChariot's Ultra High Performance profile test, we observed a one way transfer speed of roughly 36.8 Gbps on average.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Supermicro AOC-S40G-iQ2]
- Page 3 [Inside the Configuration Menu]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV is the new Skyrim
- Battlefield 1 rumored to get support for HDR soon
- Star Wars Battlefront II's new trailer looks INCREDIBLE
- NVIDIA announces SLI/HDR support for Shadow of War on PC
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience