Test System Setup
For our test today, we're using two dual Xeon systems, each with a Supermicro AOC-S40G-iQ2 40GbE NIC installed. We're testing through a Supermicro SSE0X3348TR switch with the latest firmware, and the AOC-S40G-iQ2 cards connected to the switch's 40Gbps Ethernet ports. The test software is iXChariot from IXIA.
Supermicro SSE-X3348TR 10GbE / 40GbE Switch
With a switching fabric of 1284 Gbps through forty-eight 10GbE ports, and four 40GbE QSFP+ connectors, the SSE-X3348TR is our switch of choice for testing SMB and enterprise network products.
Benchmarks - Throughput
We used the industry standard IXIA ixChariot to test the Supermicro AOC-S40G-iQ2. In this first test, we used two Supermicro dual Xeon systems, each loaded with an AOC-S40G-iQ2, and connected to a Supermicro SSE-X3348TR switch.
With sixteen instances of iXChariot's Ultra High Performance profile test, we observed a one way transfer speed of roughly 36.8 Gbps on average.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Supermicro AOC-S40G-iQ2]
- Page 3 [Inside the Configuration Menu]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Horned Owl' APU arrives in 2017
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One Review
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now