Test System Setup
We would like to thank the following companies for their support in providing parts for our test system:
The processor we will be using is the Intel Xeon E5-2698 v3, which features 16 cores with hyper-threading; this will supply the processing power.
The Intel X99 Chipset will have support provided for up to 18 core processors, and provide overclocking abilities to CPUs that have overclocking features.
On our test bed, we will use an Intel Xeon E5-2698 v3 processor, which has 16 cores and 32 threads, with hyper-threading enabled.
In our tests, we will be using the new Crucial DDR4 memory, which has a speed of 2133 MHz, and a rating of CL15. We will use eight 16GB sticks of these kits, and that will bring us to 128GB of RAM. We have already taken a look at these memory kits, which you can find here: Crucial DDR4-2133 DRx4 RDIMM Memory Review - Testing up to 256GB
Here we can see the timings of the Crucial DDR4 memory that we will be using in our tests.
Here we see the preferred memory configurations used on the X99-E WS workstation motherboard. This is our first single socket 2011-R3 system in the lab, so we do not have other benchmarks to compare with our E5-2698 v3 16 core processor. All tests were run with default settings in the BIOS, which includes power saving features being turned on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni