Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts
Beauty doesn't come cheap. With a price tag of roughly $400, this is not only an expensive motherboard, but one of the most expensive X99 motherboards on the market. At the moment, just three motherboards sit at a price point higher than this one, with the most expensive one being a ROG based ASUS board that carries a $500 price tag.
Although, we don't have a problem with expensive motherboards if the price can be justified. So, can this massive price tag be justified? Absolutely. This is one beautiful motherboard. If looks could kill, I wouldn't be able to finish writing this sentence. Outside of a stunning look that had both me and my partner saying "WOW" the second it was pulled out of the box, the performance on this board as fantastic. Not to be outdone, though, the list of features on this board is also fantastic.
First off, you've got those ASUS extras that include the new O.C. Socket, additional M.2 support via the Hyper M.2 X4 card, along with the fan extension hub. ASUS' 5-Way Optimization also brings a number of benefits, along with Turbo App and LAN to complement Crystal Sound 2.
The performance of the board is fantastic. Looking at AIDA64, you can see that out of the box, the X99 Deluxe offers a bit more bandwidth than the ASRock X99 board we looked at the other day. When it comes to overclocking, the performance numbers look great at 4.5GHz. Manually overclocking on ASUS boards is an absolute breeze thanks to the change in color in voltages when you hit a point that isn't safe. When you're dealing with a new platform like this, sometimes the small come in very handy.
While I would normally write for a bit more to wrap everything up, it really feels unnecessary here. Simply put: This is a fantastic motherboard. The decision to buy it will ultimately come down to your budget. At $400, it's a little scary to think that there are more expensive boards out there. The good news for us is that we have two out of those three more expensive boards. We're really looking forward to seeing just what that extra money gives you.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS X99 Deluxe for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS X99 Deluxe retails for $398.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni