8k Random Read/Write
Many server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write distributions.
The average 8K random read speed of the 845DC PRO is 51,584 IOPS, the 845DC EVO actually leads with 52,731 IOPS, the Intel DC S3700 measures 45,423 IOPS, and the Micron M500DC scores 48,034 IOPS at 256 OIO. The 845DC family continues to deliver impressive read speed.
All four SSDs exhibit a tight latency range during the 8K random read test, and a smaller variance between results compared to the 4k testing.
The M500DC takes the lead with an average of 23,852 IOPS at 256 OIO. However, this is a bit misleading; the 845DC PRO has a much tighter performance profile, and leads the majority of the test. The DC S3700 delivers a consistent average of 17,263 IOPS. The 845DC EVO scores last with 7,112 IOPS. We give the 845DC PRO the overall lead in this test, but the M500DC is also fantastic, and beats the DC S3700 at a much lower price point.
The 845DC PRO and M500DC separate themselves from the pack with great latency performance, delivering roughly 24,000 IOPS at 5ms.
The 845DC PRO delivers solid performance in this test. It leads the majority of read/write mixtures with a nice, consistent distribution.
Power consumption for the 845DC PRO averages an outstanding 3.04 watts, the 845DC EVO averages 3.54 watts, the M500DC averages 4.77 watts, and the DC S3700 averages 3.96 watts.
The 845DC PRO leads again with 7,680 IOPS per watt, the M500DC averages 4,877 IOPS per watt, the 845DC EVO averages 1,994 IOPS, and the DC S3700 averages 4,328 IOPS per watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung 845DC EVO Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording