HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
OCZ takes a different approach when it comes to QD1 64KB block sequential reads and writes. The architecture limits QD1 performance to increase multitasking performance. At QD1, we recorded an average sequential read of 341.4 MB/s. This is in line with OCZ's flagship Vector 150 SSD.
OCZ uses a different scheme for the sequential writes when writing to the full user LBA span of the drive. The results are misleading in this test. We do get a chance to see the difference in writes between Toshiba's first gen 19nm found on Vector 150 and the second gen A19 used on the AMD Radeon R7.
It appears the first generation flash is a bit faster. This would be due to the first generation 19nm flash using 64K page sizes and the new A19 using 128K page sizes.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 22.214.171.124
After a reasonable number of sequential and random writes, we test the drive in HD Tach to see the real sequential performance in a consumer steady state and with 128KB block sizes.
Crystal Disk Mark
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 TP1
Using CDM, we get to see the maximum potential of the two sequential tests for this drive. The AMD Radeon R7 can read at just below 500 MB/s and write at just over 520 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MEGA GIVEAWAY: AMD Threadripper 16c/32t Upgrade Kit!
- 4K gaming audience is 'too limited' for Nintendo
- AMD EPYC: 64C/128T dual-CPU against Intel 56C/112T CPUs
- Samsung is close to the world's most profitable company
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs NVIDIA TITAN Xp
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller