HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
OCZ takes a different approach when it comes to QD1 64KB block sequential reads and writes. The architecture limits QD1 performance to increase multitasking performance. At QD1, we recorded an average sequential read of 341.4 MB/s. This is in line with OCZ's flagship Vector 150 SSD.
OCZ uses a different scheme for the sequential writes when writing to the full user LBA span of the drive. The results are misleading in this test. We do get a chance to see the difference in writes between Toshiba's first gen 19nm found on Vector 150 and the second gen A19 used on the AMD Radeon R7.
It appears the first generation flash is a bit faster. This would be due to the first generation 19nm flash using 64K page sizes and the new A19 using 128K page sizes.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 22.214.171.124
After a reasonable number of sequential and random writes, we test the drive in HD Tach to see the real sequential performance in a consumer steady state and with 128KB block sizes.
Crystal Disk Mark
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 TP1
Using CDM, we get to see the maximum potential of the two sequential tests for this drive. The AMD Radeon R7 can read at just below 500 MB/s and write at just over 520 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club