HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
OCZ takes a different approach when it comes to QD1 64KB block sequential reads and writes. The architecture limits QD1 performance to increase multitasking performance. At QD1, we recorded an average sequential read of 341.4 MB/s. This is in line with OCZ's flagship Vector 150 SSD.
OCZ uses a different scheme for the sequential writes when writing to the full user LBA span of the drive. The results are misleading in this test. We do get a chance to see the difference in writes between Toshiba's first gen 19nm found on Vector 150 and the second gen A19 used on the AMD Radeon R7.
It appears the first generation flash is a bit faster. This would be due to the first generation 19nm flash using 64K page sizes and the new A19 using 128K page sizes.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 126.96.36.199
After a reasonable number of sequential and random writes, we test the drive in HD Tach to see the real sequential performance in a consumer steady state and with 128KB block sizes.
Crystal Disk Mark
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 TP1
Using CDM, we get to see the maximum potential of the two sequential tests for this drive. The AMD Radeon R7 can read at just below 500 MB/s and write at just over 520 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- Dolby Atmos update coming for Xbox One S
- LinusTechTips makes $3,000 custom watercooled PS4
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software