BitFenix Comrade Mid-Tower Chassis
The front bezel is made of plastic, but it offers that SofTouch coating we have come to expect from BitFenix. To offer some style, around the outside edge there is a thin groove that continues to the bottom as it passes three angled slits on either side. Down the center we find three bay covers, and we find the logo much further below them.
Behind where the bezel attaches to the chassis, we can see that the rest of the top of the chassis is a solid steel panel, which wraps around both sides, and meets the top edges of the door panels.
In this image, we not only see that left side panel is not much more than a black, textured, painted steel panel, but we can also see how the texture plays against the smoother surface of the front bezel.
Here, the top starts with a pair of holes and grommets to allow for water cooling, which are next to the rear I/O, but above the rear exhaust. Then we find seven expansion slots. One slot has a missing cover, and the rest are break-out covers; all of which have the mounting spots covered with a plastic cap. Of course, that leaves the PSU to go in the bottom.
There is not much more going on with the right side of the chassis than what we were offered in the view of the left side. Although, there is one main difference; the difference being that this side is where BitFenix placed the front I/O panel.
As we moved in closer for a better view, we find the I/O panel starts off with the power, followed by the reset button, which is then followed up by two LED indicators, and a pair of 3.5mm HD audio jacks. Things finish at the bottom with a single USB 2.0 connection, as well as a single port for USB 3.0.
Finishing the tour of the exterior brings us to this image. We find the Comrade has plastic feet that do tend to slide around a bit, but we can also see a removable dust filter under where the PSU will be installed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [BitFenix Comrade Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Comrade]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nexus 6P and 5X unboxing videos surface
- VR games will be quality over quantity, says Epic Games CEO
- Capcom's Resident Evil 7 could be in VR
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1 keys can now activate Windows 10
- Xbox Wireless adapter lets you use Xbox One controller on Windows 10
- H97M - Gaming 3 stuck at "Entering setup
- Cougar 550M Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Can't overclock i7-5775C
- Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta GPU Performance Overview
- ASUS ZenBook Pro - ram
- Toshiba Announces Availability of Satellite Radius 12 Convertible Laptop
- MSI Launches the Nightblade X2 and MI2 Gaming Desktops
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the NEW CRONOS AD Premium Gaming Headset
- Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Mav Edition Headset
- Super Talent Releases New 128GB USB 2.0 Pico C Drives