BitFenix Comrade Mid-Tower Chassis
The front bezel is made of plastic, but it offers that SofTouch coating we have come to expect from BitFenix. To offer some style, around the outside edge there is a thin groove that continues to the bottom as it passes three angled slits on either side. Down the center we find three bay covers, and we find the logo much further below them.
Behind where the bezel attaches to the chassis, we can see that the rest of the top of the chassis is a solid steel panel, which wraps around both sides, and meets the top edges of the door panels.
In this image, we not only see that left side panel is not much more than a black, textured, painted steel panel, but we can also see how the texture plays against the smoother surface of the front bezel.
Here, the top starts with a pair of holes and grommets to allow for water cooling, which are next to the rear I/O, but above the rear exhaust. Then we find seven expansion slots. One slot has a missing cover, and the rest are break-out covers; all of which have the mounting spots covered with a plastic cap. Of course, that leaves the PSU to go in the bottom.
There is not much more going on with the right side of the chassis than what we were offered in the view of the left side. Although, there is one main difference; the difference being that this side is where BitFenix placed the front I/O panel.
As we moved in closer for a better view, we find the I/O panel starts off with the power, followed by the reset button, which is then followed up by two LED indicators, and a pair of 3.5mm HD audio jacks. Things finish at the bottom with a single USB 2.0 connection, as well as a single port for USB 3.0.
Finishing the tour of the exterior brings us to this image. We find the Comrade has plastic feet that do tend to slide around a bit, but we can also see a removable dust filter under where the PSU will be installed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [BitFenix Comrade Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Comrade]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni