Along with the increase in capacity on the ES flash drive, Mach Xtreme Technology has also increased the capacity of the LX series. In this article we will be looking over the 256GB model.
The LX series is a value-based series in the Mach Xtreme Technology portfolio. These drives offer tremendous storage capacity of up to 256GB using MLC NAND. Marketing specifications for this drive offer 220 MB/s read, and 140 MB/s write. Compatibility of the MX LX extends to modern Windows operating systems, along with OS X, and Linux.
MSRP of the Mach Xtreme Technology LX in the 256GB flavor is listed at $169.99, with a two-year warranty.
Packaging for the MX LX has the flash drive in bubble type packaging with marketing information surrounding it.
Like other flash drives from Mach Xtreme Technology, the LX also carries an aluminium design.
Above, we find the USB 3.0 port is colored blue.
The Mach Xtreme Technology LX is factory formatted with the FAT32 file system, insuring compatibility between Windows and Macintosh computers. The usable capacity after formatting is 238GB.
Here we have the results from CDM. As you can see, the LX came in at 211 MB/s read, and 156 MB/s write.
Price/Performance for the LX once again refreshes Mach Xtreme Technology's reign at the top of our charts. The 256GB LX takes the top spot while the 64GB model moves down to second.
The Mach Xtreme Technology LX is the top tier solution for those wanting the best Price/Performance solution. While the entry price for the drive is slightly steep, it is certainly one you will get many years of use out of. Build quality of the drive is top notch, with the aluminium enclosure, and use of acrylic plastics.
Performance of the LX was quite ample. Here we reached 211 MB/s read, and 156 MB/s write, and over on Price/Performance we found the LX to take the top spot from its lower capacity counterpart.
MSRP of the Mach Xtreme Technology LX in the 256GB capacity is set at $169.99, with a two-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the MACH XTREME TECHNOLOGY LX 256GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The MACH XTREME TECHNOLOGY LX 256GB retails for $169.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD