Along with the increase in capacity on the ES flash drive, Mach Xtreme Technology has also increased the capacity of the LX series. In this article we will be looking over the 256GB model.
The LX series is a value-based series in the Mach Xtreme Technology portfolio. These drives offer tremendous storage capacity of up to 256GB using MLC NAND. Marketing specifications for this drive offer 220 MB/s read, and 140 MB/s write. Compatibility of the MX LX extends to modern Windows operating systems, along with OS X, and Linux.
MSRP of the Mach Xtreme Technology LX in the 256GB flavor is listed at $169.99, with a two-year warranty.
Packaging for the MX LX has the flash drive in bubble type packaging with marketing information surrounding it.
Like other flash drives from Mach Xtreme Technology, the LX also carries an aluminium design.
Above, we find the USB 3.0 port is colored blue.
The Mach Xtreme Technology LX is factory formatted with the FAT32 file system, insuring compatibility between Windows and Macintosh computers. The usable capacity after formatting is 238GB.
Here we have the results from CDM. As you can see, the LX came in at 211 MB/s read, and 156 MB/s write.
Price/Performance for the LX once again refreshes Mach Xtreme Technology's reign at the top of our charts. The 256GB LX takes the top spot while the 64GB model moves down to second.
The Mach Xtreme Technology LX is the top tier solution for those wanting the best Price/Performance solution. While the entry price for the drive is slightly steep, it is certainly one you will get many years of use out of. Build quality of the drive is top notch, with the aluminium enclosure, and use of acrylic plastics.
Performance of the LX was quite ample. Here we reached 211 MB/s read, and 156 MB/s write, and over on Price/Performance we found the LX to take the top spot from its lower capacity counterpart.
MSRP of the Mach Xtreme Technology LX in the 256GB capacity is set at $169.99, with a two-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the MACH XTREME TECHNOLOGY LX 256GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The MACH XTREME TECHNOLOGY LX 256GB retails for $169.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 7 owners drill hole to find hidden headphone jack
- Google's 4K-ready Chromecast Ultra teased at just $69
- Microsoft rumored to launch Surface Phone in 2017
- Conjur up a free Blu-ray in our 'Conjuring 2' giveaway!
- Philadelphia 76ers acquire eSports teams Dignitas, Apex
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now