For those of you that enjoy the ability to run multiple monitors, installing multiple PCI Express video cards isn't always the most efficient option; especially if you are using your PCIe slots for storage or other needs.
Diamond Multimedia has been a partner of AMD in the GPU business for a very long time, and as such, has gathered quite a bit of knowledge. The BVU3500 is part of Diamond's external USB graphics portfolio. This adapter carries a DVI port on the opposite end of the USB 3.0 connection, and packaging, as you will see, includes a few adapters to extend the capabilities. Maximum resolution support by this adapter comes in at 2560 x 1600 along with 1920 x 1200.Compatibility of the BVU3500 extends to modern Windows operating systems and OS X 10.6+.
MSRP for the Diamond BVU3500 is set at $64.99, with a one-year warranty.
Packaging for the BVU3500 has the adapter packed tightly in cardboard next to it a few additional adapters.
Scope of delivery for the BVU3500 includes the USB Display adapter along with a DVI to HDMI adapter, and DVI to VGA adapter.
Above, we take a look at the adapter. The front of the device houses a small LED that illuminates when powered up.
The edge of the Display adapter houses the USB 3.0 connection.
The opposite end of the adapter houses the DVI connection, as shown in the previous photo in the last column.
Included with the Display adapter is a driver disc that installs the DisplayLink software.
Here, we can see the USB Display adapter in our device manager in Windows 8.
Build quality of the BVU3500 was quite surprising. In the past, I have used devices similar to these from other vendors, and it seems this Diamond product is on par with, or better than, what I found with those. As far as the adapters are concerned, the HDMI adapter that is included in the package has a rather interesting connect that can be angled away from the wall, giving you easier access to your HDMI port.
As far as my experience goes with the BVU3500, I was unable to get this adapter to work and power my Qnix 2710LED, but I don't really count that as a negative against the product, because even Intel's onboard graphics can't power this display. In further testing, I was able to get both a Gateway FPD2185W, and a HD2200 to fire up with ease. The HD2200 connected via the HDMI adapter with ease, and the FPD2185W allowed me to test both the VGA and DVI connection - both of which had no issues up to the max of the monitors.
MSRP of the Diamond BVU3500 is set at $64.99, with a one-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the DIAMOND USB 3.0 TO DVI ADAPTER (BVU3500) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The DIAMOND USB 3.0 TO DVI ADAPTER (BVU3500) retails for $61.80 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- Elon Musk describes his vision for colonization of Mars
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now