Impressions and Final Thoughts
We've covered the hard facts, and we've covered the Android system, so now let's get down to business and cover the monitor aspect, which is the main reason we have it here in the labs.
One of the main things I noticed is the monitor seems to have a lack of sharpness. The edges of the text of this review (typed on the monitor) seem to blur out and be soft. My background picture also seems to lack some of the sharpness in comparison to my other two monitors. This could be due to the brightness or the use of the IPS panel.
As noted in the Android section, I'd like a better way to transition from the Android system to the active monitor input. I'd also like to see physical buttons instead of touch sensitive ones for the on-screen menu (OSD).
The monitor does have great viewing angles, thanks to the use of the IPS panel. However, since it features a touchscreen, it does come with a glossy screen, which makes reflections very easily. During its photo shoot in our lab, I had to figure out a way to counter those nasty reflections.
If you're looking to buy this as a gaming monitor, I would easily give it the pass for something like the 144Hz AOC monitor we recently reviewed. However, if you're looking for something to use as a day-to-day monitor and want to be able to surf the web, watch Netflix, and perform other tasks without firing up the main PC, then this monitor has a very good place in your home.
We found the monitor online for around $400, but current market pricing can be found below. We're going to go ahead and use that $400 mark as our discussion of value. Based on the fact that most Android tablets in the same performance class as this are going to cost you a minimum of $200, we feel the asking price of $400 is reasonable, especially considering you get an IPS panel.
PRICING: You can find the AOC A2472PW4T for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The AOC A2472PW4T retails for $364.60 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Unboxing, Assembly, and Port Layout]
- Page 3 [Test Results]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Xbox One S requires day one updates to play 4K video
- Apple sold less iPhones this quarter, revenues are also down
- Life is Strange getting a live-action episodic series
- Nintendo financials plunge, even with Pokemon GO's immense success
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio