Impressions and Final Thoughts
We've covered the hard facts, and we've covered the Android system, so now let's get down to business and cover the monitor aspect, which is the main reason we have it here in the labs.
One of the main things I noticed is the monitor seems to have a lack of sharpness. The edges of the text of this review (typed on the monitor) seem to blur out and be soft. My background picture also seems to lack some of the sharpness in comparison to my other two monitors. This could be due to the brightness or the use of the IPS panel.
As noted in the Android section, I'd like a better way to transition from the Android system to the active monitor input. I'd also like to see physical buttons instead of touch sensitive ones for the on-screen menu (OSD).
The monitor does have great viewing angles, thanks to the use of the IPS panel. However, since it features a touchscreen, it does come with a glossy screen, which makes reflections very easily. During its photo shoot in our lab, I had to figure out a way to counter those nasty reflections.
If you're looking to buy this as a gaming monitor, I would easily give it the pass for something like the 144Hz AOC monitor we recently reviewed. However, if you're looking for something to use as a day-to-day monitor and want to be able to surf the web, watch Netflix, and perform other tasks without firing up the main PC, then this monitor has a very good place in your home.
We found the monitor online for around $400, but current market pricing can be found below. We're going to go ahead and use that $400 mark as our discussion of value. Based on the fact that most Android tablets in the same performance class as this are going to cost you a minimum of $200, we feel the asking price of $400 is reasonable, especially considering you get an IPS panel.
PRICING: You can find the AOC A2472PW4T for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The AOC A2472PW4T retails for $364.60 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Unboxing, Assembly, and Port Layout]
- Page 3 [Test Results]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel scrambles, emails tech media over Ryzen reviews
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X50: supporting 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G
- Shadow of Mordor sequel leaked
- PlayStation VR sells 915,000 units since launch
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand
- Introducing LG XPower2 with high capacity battery designed for demanding users
- Enjoy incredible performance of AMD RYZEN with BIOSTAR X370GT5 motherboard
- COLORFUL introduces iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G Advanced video card
- Team Group introduces its fastest SSD for gamers with T-FORCE CARDEA M.2 SSD